Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Tuesday, June 03, 2003
 
How Low Can You Go?
This report indicates the U.S., Germany, and Japan will lower interest rates further to fend off the possibility of deflation. Reminds me of one of my Slant articles about negative taxation. [Ed: Men and interested ladies, do yourself a favor and check out the cover for this issue.]

My question is: if we get to negative interest rates, does that mean that I will eventually have to pay the bank for my account? Wait, I already have to do that anytime I try to access information about my account or use of any of the money in it. Sometime in the next ten years somebody will write about why interest rates should have been rising during the late 90s, dampening the boom and giving room for stimulating effects of rate cuts.

Comments: Post a Comment