Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Saturday, June 28, 2003
 
Meetings, Meetings
I've been out the better part of the past two days attending the 20th Annual AcademyHealth Health Services Research conference, held this year in Nashville. Putting together my poster for the meeting, attending sessions, hob-knobbing, and leading guided tours of our wonderful city.

While I had to force my university pay over $1000 for me to attend this conference (and I'm not even staying at the stinkin' hotel), you can enjoy the highlight of the conference, Friday's plenary session keynote speaker, Dr. James Morone. His talk will air on C-SPAN BookNotes this weekend. He said it's at 9:00 on Sunday, but I don't know if that's a.m. or p.m. (I think he said a.m.) and CT or ET. I don't see him listed on C-SPAN's t.v. schedule, but you should get up and look for it. If you're flipping channels, look for a skinny white guy doing a Stevie Wonder impersonation. The performance is hilarious, but the message about the politics of health and health care are wonderful.

The talk is based on his current book, Hellfire Nation: The Politics of Sin in American History, which is nominated for next year's Pulitzer Prize, and his forthcoming book in 2004 on sin and health care.

Comments: Post a Comment