Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Sunday, September 28, 2003
 
Know When to Fold 'em
Those who have been by recently saw I had referenced Poker Nation as a book I'm currently reading. One of the heroes talked about in the book was Stu Unger, who is the subject of a new movie, Stuey, made by a Nashville filmmaker, A.W. Vidmer. It's a fine movie, starring Michael Imperioli of The Sopranos.

I love gambling movies and books for some reason. Maybe it's because I secretly long to be able to make that huge money, because I believe I could stop when I was ahead, because I like the idea of risk rather than the reality of risk. I don't know. Whatever it is, I know I'd be a big loser. So, I guess I'm making the smart move by not playing at all.

Oh, I have a guppy update: we have baby fish! Looks like about a dozen or so. I knew I should have set up a camera to film the births. Oh well. Everyone seems happy for now.

My write-ups on Neal Pollack should appear in The Tennessean this week. I'll link to it when it goes online. It's kind of disappointing because I don't have much space. I'm going to have to find a magazine to take my longer info. Or just post it here.

Comments: Post a Comment