Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Thursday, September 18, 2003
 
Parking
I'm actually not riding quite as high as I just posted because I just spent the past 30 minutes driving figure-8s around the block looking for street parking. You see, there's a fair bit of free 2-hr parking in the neighborhood, and they don't check very often, so it's cheaper to pay parking tickets for a year than to buy a parking permit for work, where sometimes you end up parking even further away than if you parked on the street. Yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

But today it seems the rest of campus was onto my game. And now I'm going to stop it. No, I'm not buying a sticker. Instead, I'm cutting some off-white card stock, typing some random numbers and letters on it, and placing it on the windshield of about 7 cars. This may not deter the people who get the fake tickets (they'll see they're not tickets), but it may scare them a little. More importantly, it will deter people who walk or drive by from staying too long the next day.

Yes, I think Poker Nation has gotten into my wiring. All I need is a dose of Ayn Rand, and I'll be set.

Comments: Post a Comment