Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Wednesday, September 17, 2003
 
Persistent Vegitative State
Hey gang! Sorry I've been incommunicado the past few days. I've developed a lovely sinus infection, and my meds have made me an even fainter shadow of my usual shadowy self.

My reviews and profiles of Neal Pollack should be published over the next two weeks. Oh, wait, that was supposed to be a surprise. Like I said, I'm in a drug-induced haze. It's all I can do to procrastinate this much. But, yes, it is true. I get to do legitimate celebrity journalism, the ne plus ultra of oxymorons.

What else is going on? Don't you think it's a bit extreme that ABC killed off John Ritter just to save a few bucks on producing "8 Simple Rules." These studio execs need to realize it's the talent that brings in the bucks. What I don't understand, though, is why they're having him die on the show. I understand Ritter is actually dead, but why can't they pull a Bewitched and use a second John Ritter? It just seems odd to take what is at best a lukewarm comedy hit and create a major league maudelin story arc. I know it probably seems insensitive, but there are other sitcom actors out there who could play the role. The formula is still there. Instead, America will be doomed to tearful "Dad would have wanted us to go on" and "Dad would have been so proud" moments on what should be a happy, funny series.

O.k., I got that off my chest. Now I'm going to go collapse.

Comments: Post a Comment