Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Thursday, January 13, 2005
 
Indian Tsunami, American Rains?
Is the tsunami responsible for the California rains/mudslides and the large volumes of precipitation throughout North America this month? I haven't seen any reporting connecting the two, so I wonder if it's simply so obvious nobody has bothered reporting it, or nobody has made this connection yet, or I simply haven't looked hard enough. I guess it's an open question: is there an unusually high volume of precipitation in North America this month?

I would have thought there'd be a ton of articles by now linking the two events, and tons more meteorlogical research discussing this, but so far I haven't hit on anything. To add a political slant here, Bush would then be able to claim the mudslide disaster relief efforts to be part of the tsunami relief, letting him raise the amount of aid offered but direct it locally.


Comments: Post a Comment