Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Tuesday, January 04, 2005
 
Old Pet Peeve
I have a running argument going in my head over the NFL playoffs (and all professional sports playoffs) which guarantee postseason berths to division winners. To me this amounts to geographic affirmative action. We've seen division winners host teams with worse records, but to prove my point I hope next year provides a team that with a better record than a division winner who gets excluded from the postseason. There may be a rationale for affirmative action in employment and education, but I'm not sure whether there is a meaningful basis for geographic representation in the playoffs for pro sports.


Comments: Post a Comment