Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Thursday, May 19, 2005
 
Adjustment Process
I think this weekend I will post my first week's worth of exercise routines. Sets, reps, distances for all the crazy stuff I'm doing.

In the meantime, I'm struggling with how to deal with my weight. For the past 14 months, I've been focused on losing weight, primarily by eating better and walking/running on the treadmill, which saw me drop from about 253 lbs. to a low of 187, but a comfortable range of 192-195.

Now that I'm doing the weight lifting, I have to start dealing with the "adding muscle adds weight" issue. I can't focus exclusively on weight loss anymore. However, I don't know how to figure out whether my increase in weight is truly muscle gain or eating more than usual because the demands of weight lifting are causing me to be crazy hungry. It's only been a week, and it's only been about 5 lbs. (194 up to 199 in a week), and I know I took a plate too many at the Chinese buffet last night and a scoop too much of squash casserole and piece too much of cake the day before at the campus picnic. Still, I would've thought all the extra work would leave my weight unchanged.

So, by publishing my routines I hope to gain your insights into my problem.

Special note: today was my first biking experience. I can't tell if my hamstrings are still sore from lifting earlier in the week or if it's the biking itself, but Christalmighty are they sore. I always thought of cycling as more quad-intensive. Perhaps having the pedal straps means you get extra work on the up beat.

Comments: Post a Comment