Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
 
On Track
I started back to exercising Saturday following the half-marathon pain. My foot no longer hurts, but that may be because every other body part hurts. In pursuit of my new triathlon goal I've added weight lifting and swimming into the routine. Running is still out until June, so I've substituted stairmaster. I'll start exercycle probably Thursday.

Let's just say I was happy to yesterday was my first rest day. The swimming hasn't been too bad, still a little choppy, especially as I get tired. Still, it's amazing what 50-60 fewer pounds does for your ability to move through the water. I think things are painful because instead of doing my usual "weightlifting for tone" mode I've shifted to "weightlifting for mass."

Don't worry, I'm not looking to join Arnold myself. However, I had noticed over the past couple of years that even though I gained weight in my torso my arms and legs stayed essentially the same size. I now describe my physique in this way: torso of a plumber, arms and legs of a female supermodel. So, I thought I'd try to make my limbs more masculine while my torso gets less so.

I'm still looking to pick a triathlon date/location, but I'm pretty firm now that I'll plan to do an Olympic length one. In the meantime, I'll be investing in Advil and Aleve.

Comments: Post a Comment