Procrastination Nation

Things that Robert is thinking about that keep him from accomplishing anything.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Counter by Digits.Com

Wednesday, June 22, 2005
 
Indoor Mini
Sunday I orchestrated my own indoor mini-triathlon. 1500 m swim; 10 mi bike; 2 mi run. Just to get the feel of doing all the things at once. I think I'll survive an Olympic distance based on the test run. If Sunday had been T-day, I would've made it, but this was a good test to see how much more work I need on the bike.

On the other hand, my swimming is coming back together. Sunday I did a 400 IM straight. I lingered on the 3rd turn on the butterfly, and I took two 1-arm strokes into the 3rd turn, but otherwise I made it all straight. That in itself felt more impressive than the triathlon or even the half-marathon. I never thought I'd ever be able to make 4-lengths butterfly again.

I'm also noticing my times coming down on sets. Where I was doing my 200 FR on 4:00 and finishing in the 3:25-3:35 range, I'm now finishing at about 3:00-3:05 and repeating between 3:20 and 3:40. I also added some stroke work, and my 100 BK sets are about where my 100 FR sets were a couple weeks ago (in on 1:40-ish, repeating on 2:00). I won't be making Nationals anytime soon, but it is progress.

Comments: Post a Comment